Featuring Calgary mobile veterinarian Dr. Wendy McClelland and co-host Greg Habstritt from Vets To Go. This episode originally aired December 1st, 2013 on News Talk 770 AM.
Here’s what we covered in this week’s show:
- Should live dogs and cats be sold in pet stores? What should the rules be when animals or pets are sold through online websites – or should it be allowed at all? These are some of the very important and controversial topics that we tackle in this week’s show.
- We’re joined this week by the owner of the last pet store in Calgary that still sells puppies and kittens, Robert Church from Petland Market Mall, so that he can explain his perspective and why he continues to sell live animals.
- Shawn McIntyre from Kijiji.ca is our other guest this week, discussing their approach to allowing pets to be bought and sold through their website, and what efforts they’ve made to try and reduce the problems with puppy mills, abuse and other animal population problems.
- This will be the first of many shows we devote to this topic, because it is an important and also raises a lot of emotions and frustrations on both sides of the debate!
- And as always, Dr. Wendy will answer more listener questions – and remember you can always submit your questions at http://www.vetstogoradio.com!
Resources Discussed And Special Guest(s) On This Show:
Robert Church, owner of Petland Market Mall in Calgary.
Website: Petland Market Mall
Shawn McIntyre, Community Relations Manager for Kijiji Canada.
Listen to the recording of this week’s show here:
You can download this recording by clicking here.